MFT Lenses - A list?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RzzB, Dec 30, 2013.

1. RzzB

RzzB Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2013
    Is there a list of all MFT fit lenses with perhaps a little information about each?

I'm new to MFT, having just bought a GX7 (downsizing from 5DIII), and I'm struggling to understand the difference between the 14-140mm Panasonic lenses - H-VS014140 and H-FS14140. (Actully for my wife's G3)

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

14-140mm F3.5-5.6
    (28-280mm : 35mm equivalent)
    Panasonic : LUMIX G VARIO
    14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S.

A New Compact and Stylish High Zoom Digital Interchangeable Lens
    This new lens offers a wide and long zoom range of 14-140mm (35mm camera equivalent: 28-280mm) to suit a large variety of shooting situations yet keeping its profile stylishly compact and lightweight.
    The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) effectively compensates for not only small, fast movement but also large, slow one making it easy to shoot super clear shots even in low-lit situations such as in night time or indoors.
    It is also compatible with the sensor drive at max.240 fps to take maximum advantage of cameras with high-speed AF such as DMC-GH3 and the new DMC-G6.

14-140mm F4.0-5.8
    (28-280mm : 35mm equivalent)
    Panasonic : LUMIX G VARIO HD

New High-Performance Kit Lens for Outstanding HD movies.
    Incorporates an inner focus direct-drive linear motor for focusing, this lens allows fast and accurate continuous auto focus to operate smoothly and silently during movie recording. It offers a long zoom of 14-140mm (35mm camera equivalent: 28-280mm) suitable for a wide range of shooting situations from scenery to portraits to telephoto shots, all possible with this compact and lightweight lens. Using 4 aspherical lenses and 2 ED lenses to achieve dramatic downsizing - despite its powerful 10x optical zoom - and still minimizes distortion and chromatic aberration. Panasonic's Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) incorporated in the lens making it easy to shoot clear and blur-free shots even in telephoto shooting or in low-light situations. It also features a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare to further enhance its optical performance.
  3. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
  4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    H-FS14140 is the newer version of the 14-140mm zoom lens. It is smaller and lighter than the other version, and slightly better in low light.
  6. mcentral

mcentral Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 13, 2013
  7. RzzB

RzzB Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2013
    Good lord! What a great forum this is!

Thank you all very much for your help. I spent ages trying to get to this point!

I will go away and digest!

Many thanks to all.