MF lens focus question

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Day 1/E-P2

Spent last night going through Brian's video tutorials for camera setup. WOW...that was painless.....a big mahalo Brian. :2thumbs:

Was just out playing with a few of my MF lenses....that's the whole reason I bought the camera....the IBIS. I have a focusing question. I get the whole press the 'info' button/green rectangle step......AND the 'OK' button to engage the 7X magnification.

I somehow expected that a half-shutter button push or something like that would bring it out of magnified view for the last bit of framing before engaging the shutter. Nothing I can find seems to do that....other than pushing the 'OK' button again. The problem with that is that the camera is pressed up against my eye (oh BTW....love the viewfinder....nicer than the one on my GF-1).

Any tips out there in OlyWorld?

R

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Yeh the mf focus assist kind of sucks... I haven't been able to figure out how to break out if either... However the evf is bright enough most times to avoid it..

Enjoy your camera

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yeh the mf focus assist kind of sucks... I haven't been able to figure out how to break out if either... However the evf is bright enough most times to avoid it..

Enjoy your camera

+1

- it's a pain on the EP - it feels like you are taking pot luck

thearne3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
:sorry:

The answer is: there is NO WAY to avoid toggling the OK button for magnified view w/MF lenses. This has been a FW issue since the E-P1 was introduced. It's on everyone's wish list for Oly to change, but so far, no joy. It seems like it should be such an easy change...:dash2:

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
Hi

The answer is: there is NO WAY to avoid toggling the OK button for magnified view w/MF lenses.

well, with no electronic communication between the lens and the camera, how would the camera know you were focusing it or just waving it around seeing different scenery?

Without a sensor to detect movement of the lens (in or our or turning the focusing ring) how would the camera know you wanted to zoom in?

ESP? :rofl:

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi

well, with no electronic communication between the lens and the camera, how would the camera know you were focusing it or just waving it around seeing different scenery?

Without a sensor to detect movement of the lens (in or our or turning the focusing ring) how would the camera know you wanted to zoom in?

ESP? :rofl:

It's made in China, (or similar), isn't it - sure it would know - those guys are smart over there!!!!

rycm

New to Mu-43
Yup. MF Assits needs to exit on half shutter press

If there is a vote for a firmware update would be exactly to have Olympus set MF Assits to off once the shutter is half way pressed. This is what my Panny GF1 does. So why do the EP2, it's hard to get to the ok button when the camera is at the face.

Latest threads

Top Bottom