1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Mexico City

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by ~tc~, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Saw an internet airfare deal for last minute tickets, and headed down for the holiday weekend.

AMAZING city, would go back in a heartbeat. Amazing architecture, if you are a fan of art-deco or art-nouveau, this is your town!

The misleading press coverage means there are almost NO Americans there. This is not a border town and not in the middle of any drug cartel turf wars. In the town is perfectly safe - well as safe as any large city, of course the threat of pickpockets etc is always present. In the more touristy areas, police (ranging from local to Federale to military) are EVERYWHERE.

Took the G3 and the usual assortment of lenses. Most pictures were with the 20/1.7, then next most was probably the 14-50 f/2.8-3.5, some with the 45-200, a few with the 8 fisheye, and only a couple (surprisingly) with the 45/2.8. Many of the indoor church shots are at ISO1600 AND UP. ISO6400 + f/1.7 is amazing.

Pictures are here:
    Comments and criticsms welcome!

• Like Like x 4
  2. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Youre making a good case with those indoor fisheye shots. I find them to be immersive.

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's funny, I thought I would hardly ever use it, and now I use it all the time!

4. retnull

retnull Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2010
    Great shots!

Yes, Mexico City is incredible. I went there just once. When the airplane started to descend right in the center of the sprawling cityscape, past skyscrapers, to the airport right IN TOWN, I knew this was like no place I'd ever been to.