1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Metz U.S. rebates

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ScottGee1, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Interesting... They have gone into receivership so maybe this is just an attempt to recover funds.

3. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think I'd want my savings on the front end from Metz at this point.

4. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Too bad they did not offer it on the Sca 3202 module. I only have a Canon one ( I would prefer to get a real m43 adapted one). Even if it is questionable if they come through with it, the amount would probably have been small enough that I could risk it. Seems like a dicey deal if you plan to drop hundreds though.

5. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Does an m4/3 SCA adapter even exist? If so, I haven't been able to find it listed.

6. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
  7. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    tosvus, thanks for that link. The list of compatible cameras includes early PEN bodies so it should be compatible with later ones as well. I have an older SCA based flash so this should allow me to repurpose it with my PENs since I have no need for wireless or RC. That said, Metz typically versioned these modules so it will be important to get the most recent one.

8. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    wjiang, thanks for the info about Metz' financial problems. I was not aware of that. Too bad as, IMO, their product is superior to those offered by the camera manufacturers.

That said, the best portable flash I ever used was a Lumedyne system but in terms of design they put the old into Olde School.