Metz U.S. rebates

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ScottGee1, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Interesting... They have gone into receivership so maybe this is just an attempt to recover funds.

3. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think I'd want my savings on the front end from Metz at this point.

4. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Too bad they did not offer it on the Sca 3202 module. I only have a Canon one ( I would prefer to get a real m43 adapted one). Even if it is questionable if they come through with it, the amount would probably have been small enough that I could risk it. Seems like a dicey deal if you plan to drop hundreds though.

5. ScottGee1

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Does an m4/3 SCA adapter even exist? If so, I haven't been able to find it listed.

6. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
  7. ScottGee1

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    tosvus, thanks for that link. The list of compatible cameras includes early PEN bodies so it should be compatible with later ones as well. I have an older SCA based flash so this should allow me to repurpose it with my PENs since I have no need for wireless or RC. That said, Metz typically versioned these modules so it will be important to get the most recent one.

8. ScottGee1

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    wjiang, thanks for the info about Metz' financial problems. I was not aware of that. Too bad as, IMO, their product is superior to those offered by the camera manufacturers.

That said, the best portable flash I ever used was a Lumedyne system but in terms of design they put the old into Olde School.