Metz mecablitz 48 AF-1 and E-P2 -wireless handheld flash?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by Jakob F., Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jakob F.

Jakob F. Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Hi,
    Is it possible to use the Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 as a wireless handheld flashunit with my E-P2? If not, what would it take?
    I've already got the Oly fl-36, but it doesn't do off-camera without a cable, as far as I can tell, and I'd like to avoid that! (the cable, that is)

Thanks,
    Jakob

2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Why no one has ever responded to this users question in the last 2 years I shall never know.
    So for the possibility of someone coming across this in a search (like I have) but may not know the answer, I am going to answering this question now.

Yes the flash can fire as a wireless flash.
    From when it started shipping it was only able to be used wirelessly in Oly/Pana mount with the optical slave trigger feature, and wireless TTL for Canon and Nikon versions only .
    However, a short time after it was shipped from the factory, there was a Firmware update and now The Metz AF-1 features Olympus wireless TTL, but only if you upgrade to the latest firmware .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.