1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Metz 54MZ-3 with SCA 3202 for PEN?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by santiclaws, Jul 10, 2012.

1. santiclaws

santiclaws Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2012
    Has anyone tried this combo? I have the flash with a Sony adapter, was thinking of picking up an adapter for Olympus, assuming it works. Have any of you guys tried it? If it works, what "M" version do I need?

Thanks

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    • Like Like x 1
  3. santiclaws

santiclaws Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2012
    Thanks, but I already looked there. They don't list my flash since it is older, and they always recommend the latest version of the adapter, even if an older version would work.

4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Then I guess you'd need to contact them directly? I've emailed their US associate (Manfrotto) and they have been good about responding to my questions.

5. santiclaws

santiclaws Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2012
    I did that, and the extent of their knowledge was what was written on the Metz web site. I picked up an M4 version used on ebay, the seller said it works with the E-PL1, so I guess we'll see if it works or not.

6. vm666

vm666 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2013
    Paris
    did you have any success with the SC3202 M4? I have a 54MZ-3 with a SC3202 M2, and it does not work on my E-M5. I was wondering if buying the 3202 M7 was worth it, as I read some comments which may me wonder if this (old) flash is usable in TTL mode on new Olympus Pen / OM-D.