Metz 52

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
On an auction site i can bid on a “Metz 52 AF1 digital” flash. There is no info provided of the system (Canon, nikon, etc). If it turns out to be not for Olympus/Panasonic, will it be useless for my Olympus cameras (EP5, EM1)?

I already own a Metz 44, specifically for Olympus/Panasonic.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
You could use it as a 'dumb' slave. It will have manual modes but I can't be certain it would fire on camera. Guess it depends how cheap it is.

Some auction sites such as ebay have a detailed description panel above the seller's description. You may find the fitting in there.

inkista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You can use it in manual (no TTL, no HSS, no menu control, etc.), but you could also just get a $60 Godox TT600 and have radio triggering built in that would give you remote power control and HSS.

Easiest way to determine if it's for Olympus is to ask the seller to post a picture of the bottom of the foot of the flash and look at the pin layout. If it doesn't match the one on your 44, it's probably not for MFT. (Might also be for Canon or Fuji, if it's got the full five-pin pattern, but my Godox -O gear only has the four pins of the older layout).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could use it as a 'dumb' slave. It will have manual modes but I can't be certain it would fire on camera. Guess it depends how cheap it is.

Some auction sites such as ebay have a detailed description panel above the seller's description. You may find the fitting in there.
Thx for the reply. I asked the site for info, but sofar no response.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom