1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Metz 52 AF-1 does not fire with E-M5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jericho941F, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Jericho941F

Jericho941F New to Mu-43

Oct 21, 2013
    Greece
    Bought a brand new Metz 52. When attached on camera, gets all the info correctly but does not fire.

It only fires on RC mode when on camera.

Any help ?

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You obviously bought the Olympus compatible version & you are using forced flash on the camera (single lightening bolt) & RC mode is turned OFF in the camera for hotshoe operation? The Flash is set for Auto TTL as well?

3. mgash01

mgash01 New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2013
    I had the exact same issue. After calling metz they suggested that I return it, which I did. I got a new one and it works perfectly. I think some of their flashes is having an issue

Sent from my SM-T900 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jericho941F

Jericho941F New to Mu-43

Oct 21, 2013
    Greece
    Well, worked flawlessly with my E-M1, so I think some of their flashes have issues with E-M5's.

5. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    There were issues with some E-M5s. I had to send mine in. Does it work with other strobes?

6. Jericho941F

Jericho941F New to Mu-43

Oct 21, 2013
    Greece
    Never tried it with another strobe.

7. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I don't know what era you bought your E-M5. I bought mine about the time they were actually becoming reasonably well available, probably July of 2012. Had a FL36 that worked fine with my E620 but not with my E-M5. The little flash that comes with the camera is fired through the accessory port. My hot shoe and several parts needed to be replaced. I think this was a pretty general issue with bodies produced at that time. I'd at least try it with another strobe and make sure you don't have your camera set for RC mode.