Metz 52 AF-1 does not fire with E-M5

Jericho941F

New to Mu-43
Bought a brand new Metz 52. When attached on camera, gets all the info correctly but does not fire.

It only fires on RC mode when on camera.

Any help ?

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
You obviously bought the Olympus compatible version & you are using forced flash on the camera (single lightening bolt) & RC mode is turned OFF in the camera for hotshoe operation? The Flash is set for Auto TTL as well?

mgash01

New to Mu-43
I had the exact same issue. After calling metz they suggested that I return it, which I did. I got a new one and it works perfectly. I think some of their flashes is having an issue

Sent from my SM-T900 using Mu-43 mobile app

SkiHound

Mu-43 Veteran
There were issues with some E-M5s. I had to send mine in. Does it work with other strobes?

SkiHound

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't know what era you bought your E-M5. I bought mine about the time they were actually becoming reasonably well available, probably July of 2012. Had a FL36 that worked fine with my E620 but not with my E-M5. The little flash that comes with the camera is fired through the accessory port. My hot shoe and several parts needed to be replaced. I think this was a pretty general issue with bodies produced at that time. I'd at least try it with another strobe and make sure you don't have your camera set for RC mode.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom