Metz 52 AF-1 does not fire with E-M5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jericho941F, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Jericho941F

Jericho941F New to Mu-43

Oct 21, 2013
    Greece
    Bought a brand new Metz 52. When attached on camera, gets all the info correctly but does not fire.

It only fires on RC mode when on camera.

Any help ?

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You obviously bought the Olympus compatible version & you are using forced flash on the camera (single lightening bolt) & RC mode is turned OFF in the camera for hotshoe operation? The Flash is set for Auto TTL as well?

3. mgash01

mgash01 New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2013
    I had the exact same issue. After calling metz they suggested that I return it, which I did. I got a new one and it works perfectly. I think some of their flashes is having an issue

Sent from my SM-T900 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jericho941F

Jericho941F New to Mu-43

Oct 21, 2013
    Greece
    Well, worked flawlessly with my E-M1, so I think some of their flashes have issues with E-M5's.

5. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    There were issues with some E-M5s. I had to send mine in. Does it work with other strobes?

6. Jericho941F

Jericho941F New to Mu-43

Oct 21, 2013
    Greece
    Never tried it with another strobe.

7. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I don't know what era you bought your E-M5. I bought mine about the time they were actually becoming reasonably well available, probably July of 2012. Had a FL36 that worked fine with my E620 but not with my E-M5. The little flash that comes with the camera is fired through the accessory port. My hot shoe and several parts needed to be replaced. I think this was a pretty general issue with bodies produced at that time. I'd at least try it with another strobe and make sure you don't have your camera set for RC mode.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.