1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Metz 44AF 1 or Olympus FL-600

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by rxstuve, Jun 18, 2013.

1. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    It looks like this topic has been hashed out a bit but that was when the Olympus cost 400 and even 300 but now you can buy it at BH for 225 with 75 instant savings.

Now with the cost advantage about gone due to discounts. What do you all think?

I would use it on camera and off, in a variety of situations. Nothing professional but for example this past weekend I was shooting an event for Church that was outside but in overcast conditions. Would have loved to have a better flash than the fl-300 i currently own.

Rick

2. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Not sure about the 44 but I just replaced my Metz 50's with fl-600r (shameless plug the 50's are for sale in the buy/sell). I moved to the 600's for 4 main reasons.

1: Ability to act as a master flash
    2. 180deg head rotation in both directions
    3. Size
    4. Sale price, got mine for $190ea, would not have done it otherwise

However the Metz's are more powerful and depending on room sizes this can be noticable. I have already run into one area where I had to bump up to ISO 400 when bouncing with the 600's. I have actually been thinking about keeping 1 metz because of this. Oh the Metz's controls are not quite as user friendly but relatively simple once learned.

Sent from my Samsung Note II via mu-43 app.