Metz 36 AF-4 for GF1

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have read a couple of adverts for the above Metz flash where it says it works with Panasonic/Olympus four thirds, I called a retailer who sells them and he was not sure if I would get full TTL capability with the GF1.

Does anyone have any experience with this flash on the GF1? I do not want to spend 3 times the price of this unit for the FL36 if this will suffice for the odd occasion I may require more than my built in flash provides.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.:confused:

Ben

Mu-43 Regular
I was given one of these for Christmas for my G1 and seems fine (although I confess I have not had much time with it). If there is a way to definitively check then I am happy to do so.

For what it's worth, there are absolutely no manual controls on the back and a manual pull in and out of the head to set focal range so it's definitely communicating with the camera!

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks

Thanks Amin,

Not conclusive enough for me to make an informed decision so I may just wait and see if I can pick up a Panasonic/Olympus unit secondhand.

Elliot

Mu-43 Regular
Working with Metz

I am using the larger Metz flash and it seems to work just fine on both my Olympus pen cameras and the GH1 and G1 Panasonics. I do more available light when I can, but the flash does seem to be accurate.

The only time I had a problem was being to close - which meant I had to underexpose the flash only. To close meant a few inches away.

Elliot

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom