1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Metz 36 AF-4 for GF1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Iansky, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I have read a couple of adverts for the above Metz flash where it says it works with Panasonic/Olympus four thirds, I called a retailer who sells them and he was not sure if I would get full TTL capability with the GF1.

Does anyone have any experience with this flash on the GF1? I do not want to spend 3 times the price of this unit for the FL36 if this will suffice for the odd occasion I may require more than my built in flash provides.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.:confused: 

2. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    I was given one of these for Christmas for my G1 and seems fine (although I confess I have not had much time with it). If there is a way to definitively check then I am happy to do so.

For what it's worth, there are absolutely no manual controls on the back and a manual pull in and out of the head to set focal range so it's definitely communicating with the camera!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I found this report, which says the flash works in TTL mode on a G1.

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks

Thanks Amin,

Not conclusive enough for me to make an informed decision so I may just wait and see if I can pick up a Panasonic/Olympus unit secondhand.

5. Elliot

Elliot Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    NORTHERN VIRGINIA USA
    Working with Metz

I am using the larger Metz flash and it seems to work just fine on both my Olympus pen cameras and the GH1 and G1 Panasonics. I do more available light when I can, but the flash does seem to be accurate.

The only time I had a problem was being to close - which meant I had to underexpose the flash only. To close meant a few inches away.

Elliot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.