1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Metering and IBIS with adapted lenses?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by santiclaws, Jul 11, 2012.

1. santiclaws

santiclaws Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2012
    I think I read somewhere that IBIS works, as long as you put in the lens focus distance. Is that true? If so, where do I put in the distance (e-pl1)? Also, does metering work? Do I have to do anything to make it work?

Thanks

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yes, this is correct, IBIS will work with adapted lenses on any of the Olympus bodies. To enter the focal length on the E-PL1, go into Menu/ Camera2/ Image Stabilizer; from this menu, click the right arrow and then select the appropriate focal length. As simple as this is to do, I consistently forget to do it when swapping out lenses.

As for metering, just put the camera in "A" mode and Bob's your uncle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Just to add to what others have said. Yes, it works very very well. Here's an example I took on an EPL2 with an Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 last year. Also dial in the actual focal length of the lens ie. if the lens is a legacy 50mm then dial in 50mm. At first I thought I had to dial in the perceived focal length of 100mm due to the crop factor but Ned chimed in last year and explained very well.

I primarily shoot in Aperture Priority and let the camera handle the shutter speed, sometimes I play with the ISO as I need to.

Glad you're working the E-PL1 :) Also hit the menu key and you'll see the Super Menu Control come ( the option is already set for you ) and make sure its says IS 1, there is 2 and 3. IS 1 is for both vertical and horizontal IS and 2,3 is vertical and horizontal alone but I forget which is which I always keep them in IS 1.

• Like Like x 1