Metal hood for 20mm f1.7

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I bought the GF1 with the 20mm lens and they are a great combination.

Old habits die hard and so I want to get a metal screw in lens hood for this lens, I have been told that the firm "Kood" make a good 46mm short screw in hood that sounds ideal - does anybody know a source for this in the UK?

Thanks,
Ian

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks

Thank you all for the info on metal hoods and I am glad to see I am not the only person that use them.

I will order one.

Regards,
Ian

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don't really care if it's metal or not, but I'm starting to think I should get one. I'm so used to having a hood on all my lenses, I've come close to accidentally grabbing the front glass!

mmjx83

Mu-43 Regular
I've made one for the lens. A 49mm thread metal hood with a 46-49mm adapter. Spread painted to match the colour of the lens barrel.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I've made one for the lens. A 49mm thread metal hood with a 46-49mm adapter. Spread painted to match the colour of the lens barrel.
Looks like you did an amazing job! Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or did you paint your GF1 to match as well??

mmjx83

Mu-43 Regular
My GF1 was purchased in its original silver colour. Panasonic offers four colours for GF1...black, red, white and silver.

Bullfrog

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
For some reason I can't see this picture.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I was confused on the comments for a bit, as I don't see any picture either. It says it's 1x1 in size, maybe deleted now?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom