1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Metabones Speed Booster Ultra 0,71x

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Antonio Correia, May 15, 2018.

1. Antonio Correia

Antonio Correia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
  2. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I am using them for auto focus with Canon EF lenses to make them work with auto focus and IS on your Olympus or Panasonic.I haven't used them with non auto-focus lenses. There is also a .64X version ,which is about the same. Fits different models. there a lot of variables but you can adapt a lot of lenses and maintain IS,and auto-focus some of the time. But sometimes auto-focus is slow or lens and Metabones won't attach easily.

3. Bytesmiths

Bytesmiths Mu-43 Top Veteran

I have one for Olympus OM System 35mm film lenses. Works great!

I use it most with the OM 55mm ƒ1.2, which gives me 39mm ƒ0.85, my "bokeh monster!"
    _a268387-2048-.
       OMZ 21/2 * 0.7    15mm    f/1.4    1/250s    ISO 1000

I also often use it with the OM 21mm ƒ2, which yields 15mm ƒ1.4, and the OM 90mm ƒ2 Macro, which becomes 64mm ƒ1.4. Haven't really tried it with longer lenses.

I also have the much cheaper Kipon Baveyes Ultra 0.7x, which is acceptable if you're going for lots of bokeh and really only need the centre sharp, but it totally disappoints when pixel-peeping the corners. _a005186--.

I also had the Fotga that cost about $60. Utter garbage. Save your money, and smear some Vasoline™ on and old filter. s4160071-.

I sent it back, and Shamazon never returned my money, because it was a third-party sale, not sold directly through them, and their policy is no refunds until the third-party notifies them it's been returned. I didn't even realize it was a third-party purchase! That was my last ever Shamazon purchase.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Plenty of threads here in this subforum on the Metabones SpeedBooster - for example;

Speedboosted F Mount Lenses Info Thread
    Metabones Nikon to m4/3 speedbooster!

I had both the Nikon F and Contax/Yashica SpeedBoosters for m43 back in the day - best way to use old film era lenses in my opinion. I have now gone to Fujifilm and again I am using the Metabones Speedbooster Contax/Yashica. Heaps of m42 glass available (which can easily be adapted to the cy mount), bang for buck value in the Tamron Adaptall series of lenses, along with plenty of awesome Yashica ML and finally at the top of the class - Contax Zeiss glass.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Antonio Correia

Antonio Correia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.