1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Messing around with b/w in PSE

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Ian_Holmes, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Ian_Holmes

Ian_Holmes Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2010
    Minnesota
    I took the following picture last week
    [​IMG]
    I really like gnarly old bare oak trees and as I just received pse8 this week I thought I'd fiddle with converting it to black and white to see what I could do. So following some guidelines from the Mar issue of Digital Camera World I fiddled around with this result.
    [​IMG]
    You know, I never really got along with b/w at art college. I've always preferred colour. So I don't really know if this is any good. My feeling is that with this subject matter I could go a lot further with regards to grain etc.
    Any opinions and tinkering are welcome.

Ian

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ian, I was never too hot at black and white photography in my 35mm days but now I seem more drawn to it. It's interesting how at different points in life we are still capable of change - thank goodness!:thumbup:

Just a note that I need to bring to your attention about allowing people to "tinker" with your photos. Although it is fine to allow "image editing", you need to read this posted information first, and then follow the guidelines within about copyright and how to allow "image editing" if you choose to. You can read about it here under Site Information.

As the weekend wears on, I'm sure you'll get some helpful feedback, but I just needed to bring this up to you. Thanks Ian.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.