Mercator waiting for the thunderstorm, HDR

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi,

during our trip to Ostend, I shot a pic of the Mercator in really difficult conditions : strange sky, backlighted ship, huge contrasts ....

I struggled several hours to make an acceptable photo from it.

In the end, the HDR merge function of Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 was used to generate this image.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Do you like it ?

Comments and critique more than welcome !

C U
Rafael

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Love the image and love the grainy look to it. At first I wasn't sure about the colour noise at the rear of the boat but the more I thought about it, the more it tones in with the rest of the picture.

Well done.

DownUnderDog

Mu-43 Regular
hey Rafael,
love this shot, my suggestion is make the image much darker, this will enhance the storm sky, and help get rid of the noise in the foreground.
Can you do this and post another image so we can compare?
Cheers
DUD

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi, DUD,

if you're interested, I don't mind uploading the raw-file, then you can have a go at it yourself.
I've tried to make it darker, but that just extends the noisy zone further into the pic.

C U
Rafael

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I suspect it's a real challenge to get a fresh composition on this vessel. So the way I see it, you've taken advantage of other factors, such as the storm, and turned something 'OK' into something eye catching. Lots of texture and mood.

Pap

Mu-43 Regular
I do like the look of it. I’ve tried that process in PSP 2 but so far nothing that I did turns me on.
Your’s, on the other hand, is what I wanted.
Pap

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom