1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Mendocino Sunrise

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by FastCorner, Sep 2, 2013.

1. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Mendocino is a small town on the northern California coast, situated a few hours' drive north of San Francisco. The bay around the town has some unique features.

Shot with:
    Panasonic G2 body
    Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8, Olympus 45 f/1.8, Panasonic 25 f/1.4

Attached Files:

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    looks like a nice place to visit, I enjoyed the set :)

3. psycho-squirrel

psycho-squirrel Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 17, 2012
    Vancouver Canada
    Brian
    I hope you went to the glass beach?

4. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    I did! But the glass was scarce or I didn't go to the right area. One local said that it was better years ago and I wish I had found out about it a decade or two ago.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Very unique terrain and quite the opposite of the sun-drenced desert known as SoCal. Thanks for posting the images. I'll add the place top my bucket list. Eight-to-ten hours up the PCH. One day...

6. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    The drive down from SF to LA on PCH is a *must*. It's best accomplished using a Miata, but when I did it, unfortunately I was driving an Odyssey. :(

Sent from my Acclaim using Mu-43 mobile app

7. psycho-squirrel

psycho-squirrel Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 17, 2012
    Vancouver Canada
    Brian
    The best spot for the glass beach I found was in Fort Bragg, Ca, turn west on Elm Street then park and go straight onto glass beach trail. There was tons of it down there a few years ago, but people do steal the prettier colours. I have pictures from there, but it wasn't with a micro 4/3 cam.

8. Nam-in-Sonoma

Nam-in-Sonoma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 23, 2012
    Penngrove, CA
    Nam
    Beautiful set...for some reason I though it was more inland...may be I think of Mendocino Lake.

I think because people would go visit and pick them to bring home :(

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Very, very nice! Beautiful.:2thumbs:

10. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    Really great shots! The 2d is a broad path of nasturtiums going down to the ocean (flowers orange to yellow to red) such as I've never seen before. The flowers are edible and taste great in salads. The 6th, of dew on what appears to be a daphne "Carol Mackie," is really nice for the way in which the confusion mirrors the clarity. Funnily, they both thrive here, on the opposite coast in Maine. Nice post, thanks.

11. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Good stuff