1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Memory card speed for GX1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by rossi46, Aug 12, 2012.

1. rossi46

rossi46 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Hi guys...

I got another quick question seeking for advice.
    I am intending to buy additional Memory card, as I understand, speed of camera's processor could be a limiting factor to the requirement of memory card speed. Example, if we have a slow camera and have class 10 memory card, the photo processing speed will not be improved, thus buying a memory card speed faster than what the camera is capable of will be considered waste of money.

The memory card I am using now is Class 6,..I find it abit slow when I shoot many shots in raw.
    Should I upgrade to Class 10? Will Class 10 be overkill for GX1's camera processing speed?

• Like Like x 1
  2. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    The GX1 is full compatible with the faster UHS-1 cards so it wouldn't hurt.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Class 10 are dirt cheap now, I am not sure why you would even buy a 6. Many here are using thr high speed SanDisk and Lexar cards that are UHS 1 or even higher.

4. rossi46

rossi46 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Thanks to all for your reply....I will consider Class 10 hehe..

UHS 1 is even faster than Class 10? Is the difference huge?

Hi Promit,...
    The only reason why I am using Class 6 is because it comes together with my camera when I purchase it (thats the only memory card I have).

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Loksi

Loksi Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2010
    Sydney
    Ross
    Using Class 10 SanDisk in both GH2 and GX1 here. Don't know if overkill but certainly haven't experienced any delays :wink:

6. Van

Van Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    Same here: been using SanDisk SD cards for years and no problems.

7. DaveH

DaveH New to Mu-43

Jul 5, 2012
    I use the Sandisk Extreme Pro which I beleive are Class-10 UHS-1 and apparently R/W at 95mbs..

Never had issues with it, Ive got 2 of the 8 gig cards and they seem quite quick, although I havent used anything slower as these were the cards I purchased when I recieved the camera.

8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Rossi
    I bought a SDHC with 45mb/sec and 95 Mb/sec speed and there is a huge difference in performance .
    Cheers

9. Reactions

Reactions Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Norcal
    Gabe
    Keep an eye on slickdeals.com

Many SD card deals