1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Memorial Svc Help: Tips on Making a Slideshow with Music

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by twokatmew, Jul 21, 2012.

1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Hello,

A good friend's long-time partner died on Tuesday, and I'll be helping with the memorial service to be scheduled sometime in August.

I'll be putting together a slideshow of family photos set to music, and this will be used as part of the memorial service. I expect I'll ultimately produce multiple versions for a variety of devices including a standard DVD.

I use LR4.1 and spent time checking out the slideshow module, which allows me to make an mp4 video with music and save it in a variety of sizes. It looks like Windows DVD Maker should allow me to author the final product from LR4.1.

At this point, this is all I know. Venue and display equipment are yet to be determined. My friend will provide me with JPEGs of different sizes and quality as well as older printed photos I'll scan myself. (I have a sufficient flatbed scanner and use VueScan.)

I'm experienced in digital audio recording and editing, so I'm not concerned about the music part. I plan to import the photos into a new Lightroom catalog and do some minor PP, possible cropping to trim ugly or damaged photo edges.

I'm wondering how much I need to concern myself with keeping the photos at approximately the same size. Aspect ratios will vary, obviously. Also, does the plan I've described sound reasonable? Are there better options you can suggest? Also, can you offer tips and/or gotchas?

Once I start getting the material, I'll have to produce the video pretty quickly, so any info I can gather now will be a great help.

Thanks so much for reading this tome. :wink:

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    No comments at all? Does this mean I've got this figured out all by myself.... :confused: