Memorial day monuments

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
My wife and I decided to get out of the house now that we are on modified COVID-19 rules. We went to our Veteran's Memorial Park and I took pictures of the World War II monument which was the war my father fought in Sicily, Italy, France and Germany. I also took some of the Korean war memorial, the Arab wars, the Revolutionary war monument. I even went to a local cemetery later to get photos of civil war graves. The war that was "my" war was VietNam since I was serving when it started and knew many who did not come home from this conflict but this monument is very small compared to the others and, in my opinion, not very photographable. It is always an emotional time to look at the names and statistics of the wars and how many lives were lost but also knowing how many others were changed. To all the families who lost members due to the wars, my sincere thoughts of peace to you. To all the service members and families who still are alive with the haunting memories of these wars, I also offer you peace.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom