Members from 2009 and 2010 Reunion. Drop a line!

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Methinks I was born here 12/15/09.
I like the forum and check in sometimes but my heart is with another camera setup.
Yeah, yeah...I'm using the GXR and especially the GRD4.

I had a GX1 for a while but it had issues with manual focus and some other minor things that maintained my craziness.
I hope all is well with youse fine peoples.....
Take care...don

How is your lovely russian wife Don? :smile:

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Interesting idea, a forum reunion.

Current m4/3 gear - Olympus E-PL3, VF-2, Panasonic G3, Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 zoom, Panasonic 14-42mm zoom, Olympus 17mm. Various adapters.

I tend to steer clear of forums these days. Mostly so I can carry on writing the same old rubbish I've been writing for years without anyone arguing with me!!

Pity really I always enjoyed reading what you had to say about stuff -- always trenchant and clear, always polite with those who disagreed .

I do find it interesting that you still own & use the 17mm ... such a deeply underrated lens

Livnius

Super Moderator
Real Name
Joe
It was barely a couple weeks back that marked my mu43.com 1st birthday so I am still one of the new kids on the block and don't really know many of you at all....but this site clearly has a history far greater than my single year and it's cool to see so many of you who are responsible for that history drop in.

Happy shooting.

Joe.

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I would have joined around March 2010.

I was struck by the friendliness in the forum and made contact with a few members.

Compared to the dpr forum I always received favorable comment if I posted images whether excellent or just good :)
After all we all want a response for our efforts :wink:

Amin does a great job running the forum.

I'll be in CA (SF area) with my GF from early Aug. to Early Nov. this year.
Shooting Band videos (GH2) and the Scenery in the Nth Bay Area (OM-D with the Pany 12-35f2.8)

Great little forum with a lot of talent :smile: and early adopters :wink: so its always worth dropping by to see whats going on in u43.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Still no Mu-43

Next to my Panasonic LX3, I bought a Pentax K-x and that is still the camera's me (and my wife) use (besides the camera in her Samsung note).

We moved back home to the Netherlands (from 1 year Japan), so less time for internet...
- All doing well, always looking forward to go abroad!!!

Joep

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
April 30, 2010 for me. And funny that I only own one m4/3 camera and one lens now (I had 7 bodies at one stage) and I haven't taken a single shot on m4/3 for about 3 months as I'm having a small affair with NEX and SLT cameras at the moment.

But once the dust has settled I'll be looking at an OMD and a few choice lenses plus dive housing.

I just keep hanging out here because no one's thought to ban me yet.

Gordon

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
December 29th 2009....hmm..that is a long time ago but just like yesterday. My camera of choice is the Pen 3 but it hasn't been used much lately. Hello to everyone out there and I wonder where the others are???????

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
A trip down memory lane..how time flies. Can't believe I've been registered for so long, though admittedly lurked for the first little while.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Never been to a reunion before. It's about what I expected, except I'm fatter and balder than I thought I would be. A lot of the first gen folks were leaving just as I joined. They were an inspiration in the way the treated others and their photos.

The generation that followed drove me out and I took refuge in another friendlier forum. I post once in awhile here, but now I'm a day or 2 away from liquidating my m43 gear. Good to see some of you again. Happy shooting!

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
The generation that followed drove me out and I took refuge in another friendlier forum.

A few of our members have privately expressed a concern about this forum becoming less friendly or more aggressive. I think this may be something we have to open up for discussion in its own thread and see what can be done about it. I can't say that I've observed a big change in this regard, but I don't actively monitor threads unless they look interesting to me.

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
It seems a lifetime since I posted my firzt thread. In the meanwhile I have changed many bodies thanks to your advice and help. Now I have a DSLR and an Epl3 and I think I have found my ideal combo.

Many thanks to you all for your patience and gentleness with all new members even if now I am nearly an 'oldie ' with more than 900 posts.
A special thanks to the admins.

Alf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi everyone, it's been quite a log time since my first post. March 2010 here, right after getting my E-PL1, even ran a blog on mu43 for a while. All the Ancient Ones were helpful and kind to me as I was learning.
Now going on with an E-PL3, the digital TLR.
I'm still here, mostly posting pics every few days, and not discussing much as I'm still learning composition.

Thanks to everyone, it's a nice ride.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Never been to a reunion before. It's about what I expected, except I'm fatter and balder than I thought I would be. A lot of the first gen folks were leaving just as I joined. They were an inspiration in the way the treated others and their photos.

The generation that followed drove me out and I took refuge in another friendlier forum. I post once in awhile here, but now I'm a day or 2 away from liquidating my m43 gear. Good to see some of you again. Happy shooting!

Hi Luke
This is heart breaking to hear that you are leaving MFT format . I did feel some people were quite aggressive but I dont see them anymore .
Cheers

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
Hi Brady, et al, like some others I had tended towards the serious compacts forum in the last year or two, although all my gear is still :43:, my original G1 and GF1 now joined by a s/h GH2. That's probably because of my perception, true or otherwise that the site now concentrates on equipment rather than images, and I'm not really interested into entering long debates about the pros and cons of gear or worse still speculating about what might be round the corner.

Having said that it's good to see postings from some once familiar names, recent memories come flooding back, so good on you Brady for flushing some of us out from hiding :smile:

Barrie

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Joined in March 2010 with a new E-P2 and after many cameras still have a GH2. My interest in small cameras lead me to Serious Compacts (where I modded for a while). This is one of three camera sites that I visit daily still (sometimes more than once).

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
A great and sad analogy, Ray. I was gonna say it was like being a Knicks fan before Jeremy Lin, but we haven't suffered enough here to make that comparison. Being a Knicks fan ain't easy!

Didn't mean it as sad - there was plenty of good left after Touch, and in some ways it energized the whole scene. But it was undeniably different, which was all I was really getting at. Still a good place - sometimes I come by here when SC gets too sleepy. Then head back there for some more familiar faces. Both are good.

-Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom