1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Members from 2009 and 2010 Reunion. Drop a line!

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Iconindustries, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I was thinking today about the forum and wondering how many originals are still here. People that joined in 2009 and 2010. I joined in January 2010 and when I first joined I had just purchased my ever first expensive camera which was the GF1. I know it was the members on the forum like Streetshooter, BBW, Brian,Amin and others that really knitted the forum together. From that point onwards my photographic abilities have grown from there. I realise it's because of this place my pictures look the way the do today. I know i've got tons to learn but I can at least feel kind of proud of my photos now.

I want to bring together all the 'oldies' as it were and so we can have a catch up. You may feel that that you don't know anyone anymore and that the forum feels different to what it was. Maybe it has or maybe it's just because you haven't caught up with the people you once knew. You might'n even have a m43 camera anymore. Please chime in here and we can start the reunion.

all the best,
    icon

• Like Like x 17
  2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    I second the motion ;-)

Definitely be great to see/hear from BBW, Alan, Brian and the other luminaries that have helped make the forum what it is since it was founded.

• Like Like x 2
  3. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium

So, I thought I might just drop in :biggrin:

C U,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 2
  4. greyelm

greyelm Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    London
    Malcolm
    August 2010 here.

Still using m4/3 in conjunction with my X100. I gave my G1 to my son's girlfriend but replaced it with a GF1 and also have a G3. I'm currently getting great shots with the Pana 45-200 on the G3.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I am in ...I joined in Oct 2010, I always miss John M Flores, Ned and my best friend Shintz...:rofl::rofl:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 2
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'm not exactly rare around here, but I want to encourage other folks who haven't posted in a while, to do so! Please, say hello.

Also -- Alan Roseman, where are you??

• Like Like x 2
  7. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Sept. 5, 2010.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Oct 15, 2010 via E-PL1. :smile:

I know.. Alan used to be very active around here, we even met on the first Boston meetup (was that a year ago already?).

Last i heard from him was Nov of last year via SMS. Said he's fine, and that he'll "be back in the swing very soon." I didn't want to push, felt like it might be creepy following up after that. I thought a one-time hi/hello and knowing that he is fine should be enough. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    I've been here since March 2010. This is a nice place to hang out. :smile:

I'm still using the G1 that I bought right around the time I joined mu-43.com.

--Warren

• Like Like x 2
  10. kathyh

kathyh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    January 8, 2010 - not that I've been very active but I check in regularly.

• Like Like x 3
  11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Though I joined later, as of late, I've been wondering what happened to Flores...I was waiting to hear his perspectives on the Pentax K-01...

• Like Like x 2
  12. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    I joined in Dec 2009, so I remember most of those folks mentioned.

I really miss Alan. His posts were always a good read and he was amazingly helpful and thoughtful. I understand John M Flores isn't here anymore because he switched formats, but still miss his posts, too. (Remember -- he told us he wouldn't be back.) dcisive was always fun to read, too. And haven't seen Ned around in awhile anywhere, neither here or on several other forums where he used to turn up. Haven't noted anything here from Armanius in a long time, either, though I guess he's still posting now and then on serious compacts.

Ahhh, the internet! Fame is soooo fleeting. But we've still got Bhupinder to keep us all honest (no matter what he puts in that down-under water). :biggrin:

• Like Like x 4
  13. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Europe
    still shootin with G1

• Like Like x 2
  14. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Joined in 2010. I'm not as active here as many other users, although I'm more active here than I am on other forums.

I never seem to have much time for derpin' around on the internetz. I bought a domain a year ago with the idea that I should put a gallery style site out there to motivate myself to get out and shoot more. I was also planning to get in-depth and up close with photochop and I still haven't gotten the time to do that either.

Was going to sell my e-p2 (and other gear,) and rediscovered how fun it is to use. So I decided not to sell it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I thought about that, too, and sounds like I got as far as you :)

But then I just decided to pay Smugmug a little bit of money. They have a pretty nice looking interface, and I use LR, and they have an easy plug-in, so I just went with that.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I'm still here, shootin' with my E-PL2 and E-P1.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010

I dunno why I didn't just do that. I don't have lightroom, but I'm assuming they have multiple upload methods.

Part of the problem with building it on my own is that to make something decent, it will likely take more than 30 minutes, which is usually the largest contiguous block of time it seems that I can to get free without interruptions. Which is the same reason I've not dug into photoshop. It's hard to learn anything meaningful in 20 or 30 minutes, and when I come back awhile later, I can't remember what the last thing was I that I was doing.

Now what were we talking about again?

• Like Like x 1
  18. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

hey thanks everyone for chiming in!

Now that you guys mentioned it, I wonder where Ned has gone to? Haven't seen him for awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  20. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

July 2010

Started as a curiosity with a used G1 with m42 adapter.

• Like Like x 1