Melbourne peoples in the CBD with Oly45mm and Pana100-300mm

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by thelaxong, Jun 27, 2013.

1. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    These are from today afternoon on the way to the train station. I walked through the cbd for the first time with the 45mm and 100-100mm. A bit awkward for me as I am used to the 12-35mm zoom for street shooting.
    These are probably too many to add to the "Real Street Thread II" so I post here in a separate thread.

C&C are always welcome! Please feel free to dig in hard :redface:. I got thick skin like an elephant :biggrin:

B&W with Oly 45mm:
    winter_in_cbd_street-3.
    winter_in_cbd_street-4.
    winter_in_cbd_street-5.
    winter_in_cbd_street-6.
    winter_in_cbd_street-7.
    winter_in_cbd_street-10.
    winter_in_cbd_street-8.
    winter_in_cbd_street-9.

100-300mm:
    lunch_windowshoot-2.
    winter_in_cbd_street-1.
    winter_in_cbd_street-2.
    winter_in_cbd_street_color-1.
    winter_in_cbd_street_color-2.
    winter_in_cbd_street_color-3.

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Excellent shots JT, I Think Panny 12-35 with 45 mm and 60 mm is a good combo .
    :2thumbs::2thumbs:

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

WOW! This is fantastic. It could be the composition but it somehow gives me the sense of 'heavy' and 'full on'

4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Some really nice images and excellent black and white processing. I have no suggestions. I like almost all of them as I think they nicely convey the lively, moving, urban atmosphere where they were shot. Excuse my ignorance but what is the "CBD"?

PS: Order me some of those hot & fluffy baked potatoes! My favorite image.

5. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Thanks guys.

Bhupinder, I still find it hard to use the 45mm for street shooting.
    An excellent combo would be Pana12-35,25,35-100 and Oly60 or 75 but no chance to have them all :rolleyes: 

Thanks Icon. I cropped away the bit of the ugly street chair and end up with this. Maybe it was my luck to get the composition right :)  I quite like the harsh light in his face. Even a strong man on a harley couldn't do much against the light ...

:)  CBD - Central Business District. Thanks for the nice comments.

If you drop-by/stop-by Melbourne, I will definitely order you "some of those hot & fluffy baked potatoes". It was my favorite from that lot as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.