1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Melbourne peoples in the CBD with Oly45mm and Pana100-300mm

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by thelaxong, Jun 27, 2013.

1. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    These are from today afternoon on the way to the train station. I walked through the cbd for the first time with the 45mm and 100-100mm. A bit awkward for me as I am used to the 12-35mm zoom for street shooting.
    These are probably too many to add to the "Real Street Thread II" so I post here in a separate thread.

C&C are always welcome! Please feel free to dig in hard :redface:. I got thick skin like an elephant :biggrin:

B&W with Oly 45mm:
    winter_in_cbd_street-3.
    winter_in_cbd_street-4.
    winter_in_cbd_street-5.
    winter_in_cbd_street-6.
    winter_in_cbd_street-7.
    winter_in_cbd_street-10.
    winter_in_cbd_street-8.
    winter_in_cbd_street-9.

100-300mm:
    lunch_windowshoot-2.
    winter_in_cbd_street-1.
    winter_in_cbd_street-2.
    winter_in_cbd_street_color-1.
    winter_in_cbd_street_color-2.
    winter_in_cbd_street_color-3.

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Excellent shots JT, I Think Panny 12-35 with 45 mm and 60 mm is a good combo .
    :2thumbs::2thumbs:

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

WOW! This is fantastic. It could be the composition but it somehow gives me the sense of 'heavy' and 'full on'

4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Some really nice images and excellent black and white processing. I have no suggestions. I like almost all of them as I think they nicely convey the lively, moving, urban atmosphere where they were shot. Excuse my ignorance but what is the "CBD"?

PS: Order me some of those hot & fluffy baked potatoes! My favorite image.

5. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Thanks guys.

Bhupinder, I still find it hard to use the 45mm for street shooting.
    An excellent combo would be Pana12-35,25,35-100 and Oly60 or 75 but no chance to have them all :rolleyes:

Thanks Icon. I cropped away the bit of the ugly street chair and end up with this. Maybe it was my luck to get the composition right :) I quite like the harsh light in his face. Even a strong man on a harley couldn't do much against the light ...

:) CBD - Central Business District. Thanks for the nice comments.

If you drop-by/stop-by Melbourne, I will definitely order you "some of those hot & fluffy baked potatoes". It was my favorite from that lot as well.