1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Meike MK-300 flash

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dbs, Feb 8, 2016.

1. dbs

dbs Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Dave Martin
    Just received a new MK-300 to be used for macro work and the TTL mode doesn't work. Manual mode works as it should. The flash is small and light, too bad Meike can't get their act together. The flash appears to be well constructed so I'm going to keep the flash and use it in manual mode. I don't mean to run Meike into the ground but this might be reason enough to consider another brand if you're in the market for a small flash. Dave

2. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
  3. dbs

dbs Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Dave Martin
    This is the Panasonic version. It just occurred to me that it might not work when I have the ISO set to automatic but that isn't the problem. It's still going to work for macro and that's why I purchased it.

4. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    Which camera did you use it with? What do you mean with doesn't work: does not fire or gives an over/under exposure?

5. dbs

dbs Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Dave Martin
    Tried with G5 and G7. The flash fires at full power every time, adjustment of flash and/or camera settings does nothing to to change output as read on a flash meter. I can adjust picture brightness level with the aperture for a room exposure but not for close up macro.