[EXPIRED] Medium format film scanner

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by adelorenzo, Feb 27, 2012.

1. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Nov 9, 2011
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Maybe a long shot but if anyone here has an old film scanner they're no longer using, I'd love to take it off your hands.

Looking for something like a Nikon Coolscan or a Minolta Dimage Multi that can handle 120 film. I'm looking for something inexpensive. It can be an older model, it just needs to work and have the 120 film holders.

Please PM me if you have anything. Thanks!
  2. chrith

chrith Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Nov 12, 2010
    refurb epson v500's are $99 right now
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Paul Amyes

Paul Amyes Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Dec 27, 2011
    Hobart, Tasmania
    I'd hang on for a few months yet. Plustek are bring to the market a dedicated MF scanner in the very near future. Price will probably be over a grand, but it will be better than buying a very used Coolscan 9000 for 2K. If that is too rich then the availability of anew scanner will push the 2nd hand prices down a fair way.
  4. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I've got a V500 and I like it a lot. Great bang for the buck. Flatbeds are not the best for scanning film, but honestly it is pretty darn good, and way better than the photo CD from most commercial developers.

The V500 uses ICE, too. Excellent feature.
  5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I have the direct competitor, the Canoscan 9000f, and these flatbed scanners are amazing. The bad rap they're getting online is due to misuse. I just use the factory film holders, no fancy anti-newtonian glass or anything, and my results appear to me to be almost as good as lab scans. I trust Epson and Canon when it comes to photography a lot more than these third party companies filling niche holes like Plustek, Panavue, Pacific Image, etc. The only scanner I'd rather have than my Canoscan is a drum scanner, but I don't feel that it's worth it for me to buy a $16,000 Hasselblad scanner.
  6. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Nov 9, 2011
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Interesting about the Plustek, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Prices are sky high right now for a 120 scanner, that is for sure. 10+ year old models are selling for more than they cost new.