MD adapters size?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by chrith, Apr 23, 2011.

1. chrith

chrith Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2010
    while browsing the show your adapted lens thread i saw this beautiful camera lens combo and noticed that the MD mount looks much smaller than the one i have.

1225177759_GEeV6-XL.

mine looks much more like this one

are they the same size or is it just a case of a strange angle? and if that one is smaller wouldnt it effect the image since the rear element is closer to the sensor

2. chrith

chrith Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2010
    anybody?

3. acercanto

acercanto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    SW VA, USA
    I don't have an answer for ya, Chris, but so you know, this place seems to get pretty quiet at night. It's a pretty quiet forum in general, now that I think about it. I'm sure you'll get an answer, just wait it out.

Acer

4. aw614

aw614 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2011
    hmm I think it might be strange angle? Mine looks like the bottom picture, but the Minolta 28mm is a fairly large lens and it is sticking out quite a bit from the angle, my MD celtic 28mm F/2.8 is around the same size as my 50mm F/1.4

5. I can only guess that the different angle and the taper on the second is giving the impression of different size adapters. If someone is making short adapters they will find themselves with no customers real quick.

6. krysdafur

krysdafur Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    SoCal
    I have the fotodiox adapter and it looks to be the same size as the one you have.

7. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    That one's mine, it's indeed a nice combo :smile: and it takes nice pictures too, although it's not better than other 28mm lenses in the Minolta line-up. All 1:2.5 versions have a strong tendency towards yellowing due to the use of radioactive elements in some of its glass; mine exhibits a strong yellow cast compared to other Minolta lenses.
    Actually, in the meantime I have both types and they are almost the same size. The length between camera body and lens is the same (± a few hundredths of a millimeter) and the diameter is not much different either. The lens itself is rather long, so it dwarfs the adapter a bit.