May start up again. Your opinions welcome.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
Now my eyesight is back to good, I'm thinking of perhaps getting back into refurbing. Just to wet appetites you can see the list of my previous sales and their going prices here:
eBay Feedback Profile for bidkev1

I know that I can easily source "for repair only" even from overseas and make a profit when I've not much to do on rainy days

Do you think bearing in mind the going prices of my previous sales +A$30 shipping to USA that there would be much interest there? I shipped a lot of deceased estates and the like in from ebay usa and UK but I sold Australia only due to high shipping costs and the fact that ebay charges commission on shipping despite the seller making no profit from it, but occasionally I got requests from buyers in the US and Japan prepared to pay the shipping. Many repair only lenses received no bids other than mine and I could source them at as low as $2+ shipping

Just wondering with regards to the viability of the m43 market for legacy lenses in the US and UK based on my previous selling prices and if the shipping price added to my previous pricing would be a big deterrent?

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Hi Kevin,

If you're asking about selling on eBay, I don't think people mind buying from a reputable overseas if they can't find the same item in the US for a similar price. (US shipping is faster, ...)

I've repaired a couple legacy lenses and sold them here, as well as many that didn't need repair, but it can take a long time.

I've found Pentax Forums to be a good place to sell m42-mount legacy lenses in the past, but old K-mount zooms don't seem to have any interest currently.

RnR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hasse
Just wondering with regards to the viability of the m43 market for legacy lenses in the US and UK based on my previous selling prices and if the shipping price added to my previous pricing would be a big deterrent?
I may be reading your words incorrectly, but don't restrict yourself to the m43 market. Many more legacy lenses enthusiasts exists in the apsc and full frame worlds :)

Yeah shipping prices suck these days unfortunately.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
I may be reading your words incorrectly, but don't restrict yourself to the m43 market. Many more legacy lenses enthusiasts exists in the apsc and full frame worlds :)

Yeah shipping prices suck these days unfortunately.
No, it was my wording I guess. A look at my sales will also show just how many film bodies I sold in that same period so I guess they too needed lenses as well as the apsc and FF buyers. There's a strong resurgence in film and many TAFES now insist on students starting with film on their photography courses.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
BTW, if you have working film bodies with matching lenses, try selling them on Craigslist, especially around the start of school.
The Canon A-E1's with a 50mm sell really fast here, and for $75-100 more than on eBay.
Silver-colored metal bodies sell much faster than black metal, and plastic ones are extremely slow to sell (but still at good prices).

If the buyer wants a manual, point them to
Free camera instruction manuals, camera instructions, free film camera user guide, camera manual, camera instruction manuals, Canon camera manual, Nikon camera manual, Ricoh camera manuals, Sears Camera Manuals, PDF camera instruction manuals

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom