1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

*massive* CV Nokton 25mm price rise...

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by nickthetasmaniac, Oct 7, 2011.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Just noticed that B&H and Adorama have put an almost 50% price hike on the Voigtlander Nokton 25mm! A few weeks ago B&H had them listed for $820USD!

Any idea why? I know there's supply and demand, but the Voigtlander has been consistently out of stock since release, so that doesn't explain why places would have dropped the price for a few months and then up it by nearly $400....

If anything I would have thought the release of the PL25 would have made sellers discount the Nokton :confused:

Mirrorless Camera Lenses

Buy Voigtlander Mirrorless Camera Lenses | Adorama, the Photography People

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    They never actually had them at that price. The lens has been out of stock since it was announced. The European price is now over 1000 euros, so I imagine they simply updated the listing to reflect the current dealer prices.

Either way, I don't think too many people will worry. With the 25/1.4 at $600, I can't see that many people paying double for an MF only lens.

DH

3. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Hmmm in Australia they're still available new and in-stock for less than $900AUD (nearly $800AUD if you're an overseas resident and aren't paying GST)...

It'll be interesting to see how much interest there is now the PL25 is out... As you say, the PL is much cheaper and has AF, but the Nokton seems fractionally sharper (in all the comparisons I've read), focusses almost macro-close, has that beautiful metal/glass tacticality, and it's faaaaaaast...

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I agree that as an optical instrument, the CV is a beautiful lens. But as a practical photo-taking tool, 99/100 enthusiasts are going to miss the AF. For available light shooting with moving subjects, MF just isn't fun.

DH