Marumi 52mm 52 DHG Macro +5 200 Achromat Achromatic Close up Lens with Olympus e-pl1

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by jmembrane, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jmembrane

jmembrane New to Mu-43

Feb 27, 2012
    Hi! I want to play around with macro photography and it looks like this marumi lens is a good option. What size step-up ring do I need to use for my olympus 40-150 mm lens? (I also have the 14-42 mm, but it sounds like it would be better to use the telephoto). Also, anything else I should know in working with this macro lens? Thank you for your help!!!

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    To use the Marumi achromat on the 40-150 mZuiko zoom, you need a 58mm - 52mm step down ring. The filter thread on your lens is 58mm female, and of course the Marumi has a 52mm male thread. If this is the Marumi that Art has for sale, he had some photo's posted on another thread a while back. The photo's looked very good, I'm sure you will like results. If the one Art has is no longer available, then just get the 58mm from Amazon, and you will not need the step down ring. The Marumi +5 allows you to get 200mm from subject to the front of the lens. The Marumi +3 allows you to get to 333mm from subject to the front of the lens. Make sure you get the achromat version, this has the dual elements and will give excellent results.

3. jmembrane

jmembrane New to Mu-43

Feb 27, 2012
    this is just what i needed to know. thank you so much for your help! i'm excited to play with it!