Market value of the new pancake 12-32 by itself?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by brettmaxwell, Feb 14, 2014.

1. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    I'm interested in getting a GM1, but I would just use it with the 14mm and 45mm. I'm really trying to justify the price, and if the resale of the 12-32 is good, I'd definitely make the purchase. I see it's listed as a preorder at B&H for $348, but does anyone have experience with splitting it from the GM1 and selling it here or elsewhere? What's the actual market value?

2. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    I'm guessing it's a bit too soon to say. You could try looking for completed sales on ebay.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

3. PandaSPUR

PandaSPUR Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    I'm gonna bump this because I'm wondering the same thing.

The 12-32 is cute and I kind of want to keep it just so I have a "complete kit" (I guess its a weird obsessive thing of mine).

But I'm not sure I'd use it very much. The 12mm is nice, but the rest of the range I dont care for.

4. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2011
    $300-325 seems to be the going rate. I paid $315 for one a month ago.
    That price will probably drop as more of them become available.
    I've been very happy with lens.

5. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    Some guy been trying to sell one on OZ ebay for weeks and weeks now, $375 hasnt got a nibble. Personally I think $300.00 is about right here for it, being so small it really wont look so good on even a GX7 let alone an slr style body. Would be a nice lens for a GF2/3 or GX1 though!

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    eBay says $275-$300 for auctions of the 12-32 (more for the 'new' in box ones). Subtracting eBay fees, that's a net of $240-260.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.