Market value of the new pancake 12-32 by itself?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by brettmaxwell, Feb 14, 2014.

1. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    I'm interested in getting a GM1, but I would just use it with the 14mm and 45mm. I'm really trying to justify the price, and if the resale of the 12-32 is good, I'd definitely make the purchase. I see it's listed as a preorder at B&H for $348, but does anyone have experience with splitting it from the GM1 and selling it here or elsewhere? What's the actual market value?
  2. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    I'm guessing it's a bit too soon to say. You could try looking for completed sales on ebay.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
  3. PandaSPUR

PandaSPUR Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    I'm gonna bump this because I'm wondering the same thing.

The 12-32 is cute and I kind of want to keep it just so I have a "complete kit" (I guess its a weird obsessive thing of mine).

But I'm not sure I'd use it very much. The 12mm is nice, but the rest of the range I dont care for.
  4. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    $300-325 seems to be the going rate. I paid $315 for one a month ago.
    That price will probably drop as more of them become available.
    I've been very happy with lens.
  5. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Some guy been trying to sell one on OZ ebay for weeks and weeks now, $375 hasnt got a nibble. Personally I think $300.00 is about right here for it, being so small it really wont look so good on even a GX7 let alone an slr style body. Would be a nice lens for a GF2/3 or GX1 though!
  6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    eBay says $275-$300 for auctions of the 12-32 (more for the 'new' in box ones). Subtracting eBay fees, that's a net of $240-260.