1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Marine Corp Marathon 2013

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Mathom33, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    This weekend I had the honor of being in Washington DC for the Marine Corp Marathon. I ran the 10K with my wife, and after we ran I started to take photos. I found it difficult to shoot with such a cramped and tons of people throwing their hands in the air or placing their heads in the way of my lens. Here are a few of the shots that I took that I felt show the determination of some to cross the finish line.

Again, they're not the best photos due to being packed in tight, but any C&C would be great!

I have more photos at miguelthompson.zenfolio.com

In the search bar type in marine and the password to the album is mcm2013.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Nice shots. My wife and I also ran the 10K. It was a perfect day to run, wasn't it? We were just the warm-up band, however. This was my daughter's first marathon. I'd post some shots, but I took one of those other cameras (the XF1). :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    OK, maybe two. Daughter on the left:

tracie%26Jamee-L.
    MCM2-L.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    It was really nice weather! I like the picture of your daughter holding the sign…. that hill is brutal! My wife and I didn't train at all for this run and we were trying to finish under 1 hour. Last year I finished at 59:57 and my wife finished at 1:00:03. We put our maximum effort and finished 1:00:29.

I took a ton of pictures and once I loaded them on my Macbook I realized that many were out of focus. I forgot to change the focus setting and I had i.Resolution and i.Dynamic set on high. I read somewhere that it slows down the shutter speed. Of course I may be stating about something that isn't true, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm hoping to run the marathon next year. I find inspiration from the people who have severe service connected disabilities and those who participate in the memory of someone they lost. It seemed to me that there weren't as many people on wheels this year. Last year I lost count of the amount of people who, at the bottom of the hill got off of their equipment, and hauled it to the finish with their heads held high. it was captivating and an experience that I will forever hold on to.

sorry for the sporadic thoughts… I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, just finished taking 2 tests, and will be tearing down the motor in my 06 Passat today and tomorrow. I'm stressing because I have to drive the car an hour and a half away to my in-laws and have until Sunday morning to finish.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    This is fabulous, courage in action. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Awesome!

• Like Like x 1