1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Marc Newson (designer of the Pentax K-01) rocks!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by CUB, Sep 27, 2012.

1. CUB

CUB Guest

The Pentax K-01 received mixed reviews, but it appears that Marc Newson, the Australian industrial designer who was responsible for the K-01, has a breadth of talent that extends far beyond mirrorless cameras.

It's fair to say that his latest design rocks:
    rocky the rocking horse by marc newson for magis

Prices in London vary from GBP 500.00 to 642.00 including 20% VAT. Taking off the VAT and converting GBP 600.00 to US dollars gives a price of about $800 plus local sales tax.

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    So, my poor, unloved, chunky K-01 remains the cheapest Marc Newson-designed product that you can buy?

3. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    It may be ugly, but it performs!

• Like Like x 2
  4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Actually no. I have a Newson designed dish rack and a Newson designed door stop. both made by Magis, which are both significantly cheaper than the K-01. I suspect there are some other cheaper Newson designed products around as well.

Why do I have those 2 products? Well, every now and then I just feel like being a design junkie but I try not to let that get in the way of performance. Sadly with the dish rack I did. It's not a good design for stacking dishes in many ways so while it looks great and excited a lot of comment, it's now relegated to a cupboard and a much more pedestrian but functional dish rack sits on my sink.

:) 

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.