Marc Newson (designer of the Pentax K-01) rocks!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by CUB, Sep 27, 2012.

1. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    The Pentax K-01 received mixed reviews, but it appears that Marc Newson, the Australian industrial designer who was responsible for the K-01, has a breadth of talent that extends far beyond mirrorless cameras.

It's fair to say that his latest design rocks:
    rocky the rocking horse by marc newson for magis

Prices in London vary from GBP 500.00 to 642.00 including 20% VAT. Taking off the VAT and converting GBP 600.00 to US dollars gives a price of about $800 plus local sales tax.

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    So, my poor, unloved, chunky K-01 remains the cheapest Marc Newson-designed product that you can buy?

3. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    It may be ugly, but it performs!

• Like Like x 2
  4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Actually no. I have a Newson designed dish rack and a Newson designed door stop. both made by Magis, which are both significantly cheaper than the K-01. I suspect there are some other cheaper Newson designed products around as well.

Why do I have those 2 products? Well, every now and then I just feel like being a design junkie but I try not to let that get in the way of performance. Sadly with the dish rack I did. It's not a good design for stacking dishes in many ways so while it looks great and excited a lot of comment, it's now relegated to a cupboard and a much more pedestrian but functional dish rack sits on my sink.

:)

• Like Like x 1