Manual lens IS focus adjustment

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
One of the things that I find great about the Pen line of cameras is that you can selectively adjust the focal length so that IS works for that lens. What I don't particularly like is the fact that you have to go through so many steps to get to the adjustment control and there doesn't appear to be any way around this.

So, to this end, I've e-mailed Olympus technical support and asked them if it would be possible for a firmware update that would allow you to set the Function (Fn) button as a direct control to access the IS focal length setting. It would be even better if after pressing the Fn button to enable focal length adjustment that you could use the thumb wheel to scroll through the settings.

I received the auto reply to my question, now have to wait a few days for a formal response.

Cheers

Ray

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
One of the things that I find great about the Pen line of cameras is that you can selectively adjust the focal length so that IS works for that lens. What I don't particularly like is the fact that you have to go through so many steps to get to the adjustment control and there doesn't appear to be any way around this.

So, to this end, I've e-mailed Olympus technical support and asked them if it would be possible for a firmware update that would allow you to set the Function (Fn) button as a direct control to access the IS focal length setting. It would be even better if after pressing the Fn button to enable focal length adjustment that you could use the thumb wheel to scroll through the settings.

I received the auto reply to my question, now have to wait a few days for a formal response.

Cheers

Ray

Ray....that would be awesome..:2thumbs:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I received the following reply yesterday:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Olympus Pen series digital cameras.

Your opinion will be passed on to our department concerned as voice of the customer for our future reference.

We hope for your continued support for Olympus products.

Future support would be continued if they could pull this off.:smile:

Cheers

Ray

Cosimo Matteini

Mu-43 Rookie
I agree, that function is great. And IS really works well. On the E-PL1 you can adjust it going through function, then selecting focus, and then you press info and you can select the focal length. Unless you change lenses very often, it's not that many steps

Latest threads

Top Bottom