Manual focus causes live view and EVF to lag

bokehtime

Mu-43 Rookie
Hey,

I recently purchased the E-M10 used it for a week with no problems and just about an hour ago. I set my camera on manual focus mode with focus peaking, my live view and EVF would be terribly choppy. I tried turning on and off the focus peaking assist and magnify option, nothings changed. It has not happen to me before and it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out. I tried searching up the forum to see if that was ever a problem and it doesn't appear so, please let me know if anyone knows the solution to this. THANKS!

PS: Come to realize this problem started occurring when I turned on the focus magnification to try it.

BigStreetGuns

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ivan
On my E-M10 MF with focus peaking is also somewhat choppy, but I wouldn't describe it as "terribly choppy". Haven't tried MF without FP yet, so I can't say whether it's always choppy.

I don't know the solution to this problem. Maybe there is none, I don't know.

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
Focus peaking definitely slows down the framerate. Are you sure it's disabled? Unless there's some focus assist processing happening (e.g. focus peaking) there should be no change to the framerate.

I just confirmed on my EP5 that the framerate does not change when I manually focus my 45mm lens.

bokehtime

Mu-43 Rookie
Update: So at first even when I went back to manual focusing without focus peaking it still changed the frame rate. I tried it again about an hour later and it's back to normal now but the drop in frame rate using the peaking is such a bummer!

Latest threads

Top Bottom