1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Manfrotto Tripod on clearance at Target $18.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by steve16823, Oct 3, 2012.

1. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I don't know how widespread this is, but yesterday I picked up a Manfrotto MKC3 tripod w/ ball head for $18 (marked down from $60) at my local Target store.

If it was on clearance at my Target, you might find one at yours, too.

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but based on the reviews and a short inspection, it seems like it's a pretty good $60 tripod for smaller cameras (and a damned good $20 tripod).

• Like Like x 2
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Here's the item listing on Target.com. It's not available for purchase online and there's no mention of the clearance price, but the site does allow you to check in-store availability. That way, in case you want to run out and see if your local store is clearing this item out you can at least determine whether they have any in stock so you can avoid a complete wild goose chase.

May also want to check out the reviews on B&H. Mostly positive (4.2/5 stars), lot's of "good for the money, but not great" type of comments. Basically what one would expect for a low-end tripod from a respected brand.

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I actually own the older verison tripod. It used to be called the Modo Maxi 785 I believe.
    For me, its a great tripod. Cheap. Light. And rigid enough for my applications. It by no means is a 300 dollar tripod or have the quality of such. I've hiked with it for the last few years and for compacts or ligther mFTs, I think its great. I love how the action is on the ball head. The newer versions have a beefier ball head I think and slightly beefier legs. Mine has a 2.2lb capacity and the newer ones 3.3.

4. makoti

makoti Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Virginia
    Fwiw, tried my local (VA) target. $60. Oh well.

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    you guys must have nice Targets. No tripods at ours.....just a wall of crappy point and shoots and that goofy Nikon thing with the tiny sensor at full price.

6. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    Sorry if I sent you on a snipe hunt. Perhaps it was a local stock issue and I just got lucky.

7. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Target clearance deals are super fickle so I wouldn't drive to one just to check for this. Thanks for the heads up though, Ill be checking my local Target today since I have some shopping to do.