Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by teddoman, Feb 19, 2014.

1. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    $150 off, on sale for $250 at B&H
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...5CXPRO3_055CXPRO3_3_Section_Carbon_Fiber.html

I would totally do this deal if I hadn't literally bought the aluminum version two weeks ago.

And even now part of me wants to return it and get the new version, even though I don't have to have the more expensive carbon fiber version.

If anyone wants the 055XPROB aluminum version for $140 (LNIB, box, papers, receipt, all original accessories), shipped and pp'ed, you might just tip the scales for me but otherwise I'm going to try to stop myself from buying the carbon fiber version :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. DougVaughn

DougVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    Franklin, TN
    Doug Vaughn
    I've had the aluminum version for about 4 years and really like the tripod, but the carbon fiber version has been tempting me since I received B&H's email a couple days ago. Shaving a couple pounds would be nice.

3. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    I picked up my 055XPROB this morning and thought, "oh that's not tooooo bad, I can manage that"

Wonder how I'll feel after lugging it somewhere for a long time.

5.26 lbs vs 3.64 lbs.

How much is 1.62 pounds worth?

4. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    How much did you pay for the alum. one you have now? I like some heft on a tripod, keeps things stable. Then again, I dont carry one around too much.

5. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Just trying to recover most of my purchase price/shipping/fees, since it's basically LNIB.

I think they are going for $150 at B&H, Amazon.

6. Capture01

Capture01 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 24, 2013
    Yeah, i'v ordered one from amazon, thanks for mentioning :)