Man was i stupid today

panamike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Decided to spend the day mainly targeting the smaller birds flying, Starlings and Swallows etc, well i have never missed as many shots for years.

I had the camera set the same way as I normally do for such things, so I struggled to find the reason, then it hit me its the first proper session of this type since the 3.1 firmware update, after the update I decided to set center start for the focusing, bad idea for small fast subjects and your using nearly all the focus points.

Just pleased I realized and can blame me not the camera.

Stanga

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Firmware updates can be a pain in the neck if the update is not accompanied by a revised instruction set. The focus stacking firmware update to the GX8 is a typical example. It's not mentioned in the instructions, so potential uninformed GX8 owners could end up never knowing of its existence.

masayoshi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Masaaki
Center start for small birds is actually not a good selection. I tried 7x7 or all grids without start/priority for small birds and got decent results, but flying small birds are still too tough for me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom