1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Man I love this board...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by LowriderS10, Jul 3, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Seriously...you guys are a great bunch. Enthusiasm and pride everywhere without the fan-boy attitude, lots of helpful suggestions and input, very supportive atmosphere...none of the silly argumentative attitude other boards are plagued with.

All I have to say is keep up the good work both on the board and off (your photos are superb as well!!!).

Just wanted to give :2thumbs: to every single one of you!

Cheers!
    Tamas

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Hey everybody ... beers on Tamas.

Kamsahamnida,

Gary

3. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Whoa...Gary...I'm impressed!!! Have you spent time in Korea? Also...it's such a cheesy thing, but that "unsharp at any speed" makes me chuckle every time. ;)

4. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Easily my favorite site on the 'net...

I used to spend a lot of time at another site whose name need not be mentioned...

This site is a bit like a favorite watering hole without the beer (some) people keep talking about...(I'll take a Dead Guy Rogue Ales, please?) You people are all welcome to come and take in our micro brews here in Oregon anytime.

And...I love the recent posts cheering on the women members of the forum. I noticed a lot more comments and pictures being posted by women soon after Bhupinder initiated a thread encouraging more activity from the fabulous females in these parts.

Everyone hold up your glasses for a toast to the forum moderators (or whoever keeps us from falling into the wackiness that seems to plague other sites.):drinks:

Now...where in the world is that E-P5 black kit that I am so anxiously awaiting?

Sheesh!

Dan

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Ne,yag 6 gaewol dong-an seoulgwa busan eseo sal-assseubnida..

I lived in Seoul and Pusan for a spell. Instead of an OB I'll take a Soju.

Gary

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    For variety and pure beer goodness ... Oregon is it. Okay beers on Tamas at Dan's place.

Mashi-go chuk-ja

Gary

7. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    Sounds like a nice brew, though a of a trip to try it.
    I generally prefer a darker style (Belgium Trappist Double).
    However the only beer that's (allegedly) given me a smug grin with only one sip is more local to me a winter beer called 'Cripple dick' which was particularly good straight from the wood...

Now I thick I'll have to go off a pour something :smile:

8. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    'Cripple d...' Hmmmm...

The is no lack of humorous double meanings in the names that brewers give to their beers. :rolleyes: They make you want to try out their beer by just giving it the wackiest name they can conjure up.

Well...I'm off to go pull a 'Dead Guy" Rogue Ales out of the fridge...:wink:

I so desperately want to comment on your 'smug grin' beer but I'm trying to use a tiny bit of self control and behave myself. :th_salute:

Dan

9. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    This is one of the things I enjoy about visiting my favorite local bottle shop. One of the best names that I've stumbled upon recently is The Light That Spills Out Of The Hole In Your Head Pale Ale by Tired Hands Brewing. I don't even really know what that name means, but for some reason I like it. The name was enough to get me to try it, and I discovered that it's a darn tasty brew. Definitely one of the ten best American Pale Ales I've sampled.

10. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    New member tradition

I thought I read somewhere Tamas is going to send all members with more than 10 posts and 20 images a free EP-5??????????:2thumbs::biggrin:

11. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Way to ruin the surprise!!! ;)

12. Rinaldo

Rinaldo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2012
    Sao Paulo, Brazil

Here it is.. :thumbup: ep5 at Crutchfield.com

13. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    I have one on order at B&H...

I know that I could cancel my order at B&H but, I try and treat the dealer the way I would like to be treated. B&H could likely sell the kit that arrives for me if I did cancel but, I will be patient and stay loyal to a dealer which has treated me very well. I have spoken on the phone with them twice and I will reward their courtesy with my order.

I do appreciate the "heads up."

Dan

14. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Don't worry Dan, I cancelled the order for you.

15. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Two conflicting emotions...

The first emotion...all out panic! The next emotion...Relief knowing that it's Gary thinking he's being funny...

Ha ha!

You know exactly what I am going through checking my B&H account a couple of times a day (hour :dash2:) to see if the order status changes from "pending" to "shipped!"

Sheesh!

Dan