1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mamiya Sekor M42 to M43 adapter issue/question

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by roddur, Jun 23, 2014.

1. roddur

roddur Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    After googling a bit bought a M42 to M43 adapter for my Mamiya Sekor 55m f1.8. Everything fitted well, but the problem is i cannot rotate the aperture ring.

what i can do now to make the lens fully useful. do i need any other type of adapter with it? because looks like the aperture ring and the adapter has zero gap which i believe not letting the ring to rotate.

thanks in advance.

2. PMCC

PMCC Mu-43 Regular

Feb 18, 2013
    I guess the lens has a pin sticking out from the back for auto-exposure. The aperture mechanism doesn't work if your adapter blocks the pin.

• Like Like x 1
  3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, a lot of m42 adapters can easily be disassembled to remove the inner flange, allowing the pins to be free.

I have a rainbow aka fotodox (spelling?) that is like that.

Barry

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

• Like Like x 1
  4. roddur

roddur Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    14330492197_056571d3f2_n.

this is the adapter i bought. it feels like if could create a gap between the lens and adapter that would work. Definitely the adapter and the lens are too tight for the aperture ring to rotate.
    is there any other brand/type adapter i can buy?

Edit : i'm going to try to make the pin shorter to flush with the aperture ring.

thanks

5. PMCC

PMCC Mu-43 Regular

Feb 18, 2013
    If it is just the adapter being too tight, a piece of paper can sort it.

If you have to shorten the pin, be careful and Make sure the lens can stop down without pushing the pin.

6. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    It's not too TIGHT to rotate, the m42 Pentax cams and lenses had an auto aperture mode... In which you can't turn the aperture.

Take the adapter apart and remove the inner flange.

Barry

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43