1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

mamiya sekor 55mm 1.4. does any one have any input?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by KVG, Jul 4, 2011.

1. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    There is a mamiya sekor 55mm 1.4 for sale in my city for $60 is it worth it? I know nothing about these lenses.

Thx
    Kelly:smile:

2. hellomrmoon

hellomrmoon Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 18, 2011
    California
    I owned a copy of this lens a while back, although I did not go out of my way to test the lens thoroughly.

SOOC I found the lens to be comparable to similar nifty-fifties from the era. Pleasing bokeh, decent wide open, nice and sharp stopped down.

$60 would be the most I would pay for this lens in EXCELLENT condition.

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    60 is for lens 35mm camera a flash and teleconverter. It's being sold complete
    Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I have 1 or 6 of them. They are good lenses. You have to be careful. There are at least two types. One with a flange and one without. You want the one without. The flange can interfere with it fitting on some adapters. Of course, you could dremel it down, but why not get a good one to begin with. Is it worth $60 with the camera? Not for me. The camera is basically worthless so think of it as a lens cap. The flash similarly worthless. The TC is worth something. To me a better price is $30 for the lens + TC + stuff to throw away.

5. theunartist

theunartist Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Hi there... could use more info regarding brand of camera and lens mount.

I'm a primarily a Pentax DSLR user, and that lens is considered a very very good one! I am assuming that is an m42 mount? I think the $60 price is not at all that bad considering what you're getting. The lens by itself probably sells for between $40-$60...

I've recently started using my wife's G10 + Adapter + K-mount lens... works beautifully...

Rick

6. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Should I just get the Takumar instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

7. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    What, which takumar?

8. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    50mm 1.4

9. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    How much? Is it a smc version?

10. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    no. Its on here for 85

11. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Excellent lens as well. How about a Canon 50mm F1.4 FD? People sell "broken" ones for cheap, really cheap. The thing is, they ain't broken. The Canon FD lenses have a tricky aperature. So many think it's broken when you really just need to know how it works. The adapter will cost you more than a M42 adapter though.

12. theunartist

theunartist Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    They're both sought after lenses by Pentax users. The 50/1.4 Takumar is an awesome lens. I have the Super-Takumar version, which I like very much. The $85 price is not bad just as long as everything works and filter threads still good because you should use a hood on all versions and they all have 49mm filter threads...