Showcase Mamiya-Sekor 135 mm CS 1:2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Bjarne, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Bjarne

Bjarne Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2015
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Bjarne
    Ebay buy. Imposible to find adapter (?) Had to buy a ZE adapter and i am to modify this. So far I can only shoot at 2.8. Need to find and fasten a spring to the stopdown pin. To bad there's no adapter. Think this lens is awesome quality. The CS mount is very rare.
    Love the colour and bokey

P6250030. P6250017. P6250022.

• Like Like x 6
  2. comment23

comment23 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Hampshire, UK
    Simon
    I inherited a few CS lenses. The images here look great and I'd love to try using mine on my E-M1. I wondered if anyone has had any joy finding an adaptor?

3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  4. comment23

Aug 26, 2016
    Hampshire, UK
    Simon
    • Like Like x 1
  5. comment23

Aug 26, 2016
    Hampshire, UK
    Simon
    I couldn't resist some lens necromancy so got the Fotodiox ZE adapter and I'm pleased with the initial results. Like @Bjarne@Bjarne, I'm also stuck with wide open for now but will be investigating springs and such like in the hope that one day I can squeeze even more sharpness out of the optics if necessary.

For those interested in getting this adapter, Mamiya CS lenses fit fine but sit approximately 45 degrees off vertical and, as mentioned above, there is no aperture control possible either from the lens or the adapter (without modification). Also, although the locking pin does appear to engage the notch in the lens bayonet, it's not an exact fit so the union won't hold if a little rotational pressure is applied.

I assume both of these quirks are due to differences between Mamiya's ZE and CS mounts rather than the design of the Fotodiox adapter. Something that is definitely a quirk of (my copy of) the Fotodiox adapter is that the M4/3 end is a surprisingly tight fit on my E-M1. I was able to remove it successfully without too much trouble in the end but I may not risk it on my E-M10 which has a notoriously tight mount of its own!

The photos below were all shot with the 135mm f2.8 lens but I have a few other lenses for this mount and will play with them over the next few weeks and days. These are just tests to see if the combination is working, not an effort to wow you with compositional masterpieces! Sharpness (especially considering that this is wide open) and bokeh both very pleaseing to my eye.

IMG_1689. IMG_1690. IMG_1692.

• Like Like x 1