1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mamiya 645 to m43 adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Southcross, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Southcross

Southcross Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Denver, CO USA
    Edward
    hour+ googling and I have only come across two adapters to mount a Mamiya 645 lens on a Micro 4/3... a Cirrus for about $150, and a Fotodiox for about $50. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Fotodiox makes good adapters. Considering the relative rarity of mamiya 645 lenses and larger format lenses adapter to smaller sensor cameras, they likely simply don't sell enough to warrant selling the adapters at any lower cost than they are asking. Other standard 35mm lens adapters used to be that much too, but cost comes down with volume production.

3. Southcross

Southcross Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Denver, CO USA
    Edward
    oh, I completely get the pricing based on little demand... the disparity on price range is what kind of concerned me, thanks for feedback on Fotodiox, the "affordability" kind of had me wondering.

4. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Huge crop factor between medium and m4/3

IMO the 2x crop factor going from 35mm to m4/3 is fairly extreme. The crop factor going from 60mm will be enormous. Additionally, hanging such a huge piece of glass on a small body seems to defeat the purpose of "micro" and produce an extremely front heavy gear.

5. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Do you have any high-quality *insert DSLR format*-to-m4/3 adapters? There are plenty of 645-to-*insert DSLR format* adapters.

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

$50 for an adaptor is not an extremely high price. Fotodiox sells good stuff from the half dozen or so items I have bought from them{including several adaptors}.

The adaptor would be about 42mm deep! and since the adaptors are made of aluminum it would be heavy! Unless you have a ton of Mamyia lenses just sitting around it would be better to use a 35mm type lens{IMHO}.

7. RSilva

RSilva Mu-43 Regular

Oct 24, 2011
    Portugal
    I would not use such lens on a m43 body since the mamiya lens is designed to handle a huge size of film, it does not need to be very sharp.
    I remember I had a 35mm adapter for my Bronica 645. While the bronica lenses are very good for 6x4.5, the photos taken with the 35mm adapter are flat with no punch at all.
    With a m43 camera the cenario get's even worst since the sensor is so small for the image circle of such lens.