Mama Red Fox and her pups

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bluegrass, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Bluegrass

Bluegrass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    They made their first appearance of the season today. I couldn't get too close for fear of spooking them. These were all taken with the Panasonic 100-300 from my back porch and are seriously cropped. I can't wait to watch them grow. They are such fun to watch as they play. Just like puppies.
    Mama and the pups

• Like Like x 9
  2. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    You should try to get closer and get lot of keepers. Might even win a contest.
  3. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Aww.... we have a few foxes around here... I often see the mother relocating her pups...

Once was smoking on the rear patio when the motion sensor lights came on and I saw her in the periphery of the yard.
  4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Really nice wildlife set.

Thanks for the post..
  5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Congratulations for taking that approach, the welfare of the animal, or indeed any subject, takes precedent over the photo opportunity.

6. GingerCat

GingerCat Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2011
    I can't believe you can see that from your house, you're so lucky! Gorgeous shots, and I agree, don't scare them, no photo is worth that.
  7. Bluegrass

Bluegrass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    I do my very very best not to disturb the wildlife we are blessed to have in our backyard. Especially if they have young ones. That is part of the reason I purchased the long zoom lens. We are also blessed to have a 50 foot long covered porch. Lots of room for different vantage points, from a 'safe' distance. Anyways, I figure my yard is their home too.

Sometimes I have to force myself not to strive for the photo. Sometimes it is fun just to absorb. So many times I am guilty of chasing the photo, or beating myself up about the missed photo, and not being full into the moment. I have to remind myself that the lens only captures a small slice of the pie called life. I don't want to miss experiencing the whole pie by having a camera pressed to my face. Besides, I like pie :smile:
    • Like Like x 2