Malabar Rock Pool

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, Oct 9, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Malabar is a seaside suburb of Sydney located around a bay call Long Bay (which gets its name from the bay that happens to be, well long - rather than the large prison located nearby which has the same name).

According to the sign, there isn't anything you can do safely here ....

Malabar Rock Pool 01 by peterb666, on Flickr

I note that playing with the deadly Blue Ringed Octopus gets the same rating as swimming. The bottom part of the sign indicates there really isn't much fun to be had at the pool either. Oh well, here are some pictures and as you will note, no people (other than another lone photographer who can be glimpsed in some of the shots) ...

Malabar Rock Pool 03 by peterb666, on Flickr

I think this is the octopus pool. Let's go hunting for deadly, bitie Blue Ringed Octopussies ...

Malabar Rock Pool 04 by peterb666, on Flickr

Plenty of work signtologists in Randwick Council ...

5064862086_866eccf6dd_b. Malabar Rock Pool 05 by peterb666, on Flickr

Great news too - the sign doesn't prohibit alcohol or scuba diving. Now that's a great combination. We can all get sloshed underwater now!

Ah, the pretty bit ...

5064248985_0651a3f6ea_b. Malabar Rock Pool 06 by peterb666, on Flickr

It was quite windy so the palm tree leaves are somewhat fuzzy in that one.

The pretty light didn't last long so now for the parting shot as we leave this sans-human swimming oasis ...

Malabar Rock Pool 07 by peterb666, on Flickr

CC welcome. All shots taken with an Olympus PEN E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    A lovely set again, Peter !
    Did you meet the octopus ??

3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    No, unfortunately they are quite small and I didn't bother looking under rocks etc. But note, their bite is a lot worse than their bark.
  4. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

I can't believe you can take a wide angle shot of a beach in Sydney and not get anyone in the frame! Nice shots too.
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Good thing photography is not banned - you have a book in the making "Baths and Beaches of Sydney".