Making photo books

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
Does someone have a good suggestion for a print on demand photo service in europe?

I've been looking at blurb.com, which has a worldwide service.

All other insights about photo books are also welcome :)

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
I've used Apple and Blurb - not sure if the Apple books are available in Europe but I'd be a bit surprised if they're not - maybe higher shipping charges? Both were great, easy enough to layout, submit, etc. We got one 10x13 inch hardback coffee-table book from Apple that was similarly priced to the Blurb option, but was only about 30 pages or so. And I got a softcover of about 120 pages at 8x10" that was a good deal less expensive from Blurb. The quality was great and production/shipping reasonably quick for both.

-Ray

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
Foto.com seems quite nice but I could not find any publishing options.

The large prints seems to be quite cheap also :)

tomservoca

Mu-43 Regular
I use blurb and have had zero issues. Buddy of mine in Austria ordered my Heritage Park book and it was printed in Geneva.

My aunt, a retrired librarian (not called Marion) says the quality (binding, paper) of blurb books are as good as any she saw come through her library.

JoeFriday

Mu-43 Regular
one that I would strongly tell you NOT to use would be lulu.com Terribly quality control (colors vary from print to print) and their customer service is completely non-existent.

hanzo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chan
I've use photobook and quite pleased with the result. I uploaded my book design, three days later the book arrived :)

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
Now I'm swinging towards blurb. The prices and postage seem to be relatively cheap and they offer publishing services.

Photobook seemed to have some nice specialty options available, maybe a leather covered special edition just for me :D

pboga

Mu-43 Regular
Quite old thread, but have you guys used BonusPrint?
It's a UK based, and i really enjoyed the quality.

Cheers

Latest threads

Top Bottom