Making photo books

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
Does someone have a good suggestion for a print on demand photo service in europe?

I've been looking at blurb.com, which has a worldwide service.

All other insights about photo books are also welcome :)

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
I've used Apple and Blurb - not sure if the Apple books are available in Europe but I'd be a bit surprised if they're not - maybe higher shipping charges? Both were great, easy enough to layout, submit, etc. We got one 10x13 inch hardback coffee-table book from Apple that was similarly priced to the Blurb option, but was only about 30 pages or so. And I got a softcover of about 120 pages at 8x10" that was a good deal less expensive from Blurb. The quality was great and production/shipping reasonably quick for both.

-Ray

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Foto.com seems quite nice but I could not find any publishing options.

The large prints seems to be quite cheap also :)

tomservoca

Mu-43 Regular
I use blurb and have had zero issues. Buddy of mine in Austria ordered my Heritage Park book and it was printed in Geneva.

My aunt, a retrired librarian (not called Marion) says the quality (binding, paper) of blurb books are as good as any she saw come through her library.

JoeFriday

Mu-43 Regular
one that I would strongly tell you NOT to use would be lulu.com Terribly quality control (colors vary from print to print) and their customer service is completely non-existent.

hanzo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chan
I've use photobook and quite pleased with the result. I uploaded my book design, three days later the book arrived :)

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now I'm swinging towards blurb. The prices and postage seem to be relatively cheap and they offer publishing services.

Photobook seemed to have some nice specialty options available, maybe a leather covered special edition just for me :D

pboga

Mu-43 Regular
Quite old thread, but have you guys used BonusPrint?
It's a UK based, and i really enjoyed the quality.

Cheers

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom