Make your own camera from Olympus AIR

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by drd1135, Dec 13, 2015.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I find the idea of 3D printing grips and bodies for the Olympus AIR really interesting:

New 3D printed accessories for the Olympus AIR from Rinkak: iPhone 6 mount case and camera grip. | 43 Rumors

I can imagine all sorts of creativity emerging from the meta intelligence of the Internet. This could produce many fun results, with a quality image making engine at it's core. And fun sells. On a more serious note, with the AIR or similar module as the photographic core and a smart phone as a control/visual interface, the ergonomics are yours to create. Want a Brownie digital camera? This seems silly in some ways but I could see it taking off.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt

M.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I'd love that, with a fake second lens, a smartphone holder on the top...you should write then about that :)

4. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
  5. atarijedi

atarijedi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2015
  6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Wow. That looks like a Borg camera.

7. atarijedi

atarijedi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    I don't know if I would ever build something like that, but I want to know more about the grip they are using. I've searched all over, and it seems to be a custom thing Olympus did for this display. But imagine having a remote control that can change all the settings, and doesn't only activate the shutter(half/full).

• Winner Winner x 1