Make your own camera from Olympus AIR

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by drd1135, Dec 13, 2015.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I find the idea of 3D printing grips and bodies for the Olympus AIR really interesting:

New 3D printed accessories for the Olympus AIR from Rinkak: iPhone 6 mount case and camera grip. | 43 Rumors

I can imagine all sorts of creativity emerging from the meta intelligence of the Internet. This could produce many fun results, with a quality image making engine at it's core. And fun sells. On a more serious note, with the AIR or similar module as the photographic core and a smart phone as a control/visual interface, the ergonomics are yours to create. Want a Brownie digital camera? This seems silly in some ways but I could see it taking off.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt

M.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I'd love that, with a fake second lens, a smartphone holder on the top...you should write then about that :)

4. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
  5. atarijedi

atarijedi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2015
  6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Wow. That looks like a Borg camera.

7. atarijedi

atarijedi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    I don't know if I would ever build something like that, but I want to know more about the grip they are using. I've searched all over, and it seems to be a custom thing Olympus did for this display. But imagine having a remote control that can change all the settings, and doesn't only activate the shutter(half/full).

• Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.