Magnum's Eli Reed with An Oly: gotta love it

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
The post production on that video was nauseating. It reminds me of Homer Simpson's insistence on using a star wipe for every transition, only far more annoying.

Cool to see he was using an E-P2 though. Hard to tell, but almost looks like he had some Leica glass on there. Or at the very least, a Leica style rectangular hood...

Jonkobeck

Mu-43 Regular
There was another magnum photographer who used Olympus point and shoots to cover the war in Iraq.I forget his name.
Wow, pros using non pro cameras. I guess its true, the cameras doesn't take the picture, the photographer does :)

Jonkobeck

Mu-43 Regular
What's really interesting, in my point of view, is that he was a using a 5 mp digital camera from 2003' an antique by today's standards. With that camera he has photographed photoshoots for GQ magazine among others. Compared to today's technology, I would assume the old Olympus from 2003 would be vastly inferior. It's interesting when you ponder it.

Jonkobeck

Mu-43 Regular
Ok the interview is from October of 09 and the video is brand new, so one would assume he upgraded? Although I'm sure a photographer ofmhis success level has a few that he plays around with

alans

Mu-43 Veteran
I much prefer The Simpsons to that video.

The post production on that video was nauseating. It reminds me of Homer Simpson's insistence on using a star wipe for every transition, only far more annoying.

Cool to see he was using an E-P2 though. Hard to tell, but almost looks like he had some Leica glass on there. Or at the very least, a Leica style rectangular hood...

twalker294

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I would have loved to watch the whole thing but it literally made me motion sick. I will never understand why some people insist on doing that kind of junk to their videos.

Latest threads

Top Bottom