Magnum's Eli Reed with An Oly: gotta love it

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by peterpix, Aug 20, 2010.

1. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
  2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    The post production on that video was nauseating. It reminds me of Homer Simpson's insistence on using a star wipe for every transition, only far more annoying.

Cool to see he was using an E-P2 though. Hard to tell, but almost looks like he had some Leica glass on there. Or at the very least, a Leica style rectangular hood...

3. stakhanovite

stakhanovite New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2010
  4. everythingsablur

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    The OP's link works, you just need to login to Facebook to see it.

5. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
    There was another magnum photographer who used Olympus point and shoots to cover the war in Iraq.I forget his name.
    Wow, pros using non pro cameras. I guess its true, the cameras doesn't take the picture, the photographer does :)

6. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
  7. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
    What's really interesting, in my point of view, is that he was a using a 5 mp digital camera from 2003' an antique by today's standards. With that camera he has photographed photoshoots for GQ magazine among others. Compared to today's technology, I would assume the old Olympus from 2003 would be vastly inferior. It's interesting when you ponder it.

8. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
  9. everythingsablur

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Clearly outdated as that video showed that he has since upgraded to an E-P2. Must have been drawn to the EVF as you see him using it pretty much exclusively. :)

10. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
    What do you mean? I think the interview is relatively recent. But your right, in the video it's an ep2.

11. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
    Ok the interview is from October of 09 and the video is brand new, so one would assume he upgraded? Although I'm sure a photographer ofmhis success level has a few that he plays around with

12. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    I much prefer The Simpsons to that video.

13. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    I would have loved to watch the whole thing but it literally made me motion sick. I will never understand why some people insist on doing that kind of junk to their videos.