1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Magnified view with Canon FD lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by dbs, Apr 5, 2016.

1. dbs

dbs Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Dave Martin
    Hope I'm not waisting everyone's time with this question but I didn't see it addressed under Panasonic cameras or under adapted lenses. The magnified view on my G7 works well with native lenses and I'm now the owner of a Canon 300mm FD lens but can't get the magnified view to work with this lens. My question is does the magnified view work with manual focus lenses and if so how do I enable it. Thanks in advance. Dave

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, can you assign a button to that function?

3. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    this post about the GX7 suggests its similar to my GH1 , it could be the same

Re: Manual focus with legacy lens on GX-7: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

- Select MF. (maybe not needed on the legacy lens)

- Push the left button to bring up the focusing box. You can move it around using the four directional buttonn.

- Hit then the center button (Menu/Set) to magnify.

Not sure if the process can be assigned to Fn. I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

Have fun with the FD300, I really like mine

PS: Page 30
    ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-g7_en_om.pdf

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I think he has a G7, but on my GX7, I just hit the focus point selector (left on D-pad) and it brings up the box. You can also enable focus peaking in the menus, which is helpful for evaluating full scene focus (or quicker focusing).

5. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    me too, thus I also linked to the manual of the G7 and the page number where it explains it.

Looking at the date/time stamp on your post I wonder if you posted that while I was pasting in the manual URL.

:)

6. dbs

dbs Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Dave Martin
    Thanks to all for the information. Got it figured out. Dave

• Like Like x 1
  7. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'll admit to sometimes replying without reading the other replies first... :blush:

8. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Hi
    I had incorrectly assumed you were reacting to my post ...

same club as me :)

:drinks: