Magic Lantern E-P1 book/EPL-1 owner

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nursenicole, Mar 2, 2011.

1. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    I mistakenly ordered the Magic Lantern Guide for the Olympus E-P1, and the camera I actually own is the EPL-1. (oops)

If you're familiar with this book, or this series of guides in general, do you think it's worth keeping anyway? I have heard that the Magic Lantern books are pretty amazing, and I am wondering if the info in this book that is not specific to the physical camera (buttons, menus, etc) would still be worthwhile.

thanks in advance for any input! :smile:
  2. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    I own it, and I really liked it - most useful if you're a beginner in photography, but very step-by-step and hands-on, with a will to cover every aspect of the camera. Since the EP1 and the EPL1 are not so far apart, and the logic behind the menus is more or less the same, probably not such a bad investment...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    try the EPL-1 for dummies book.....i chose that over the Magic Lantern book and i'm really happy with it
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely this book is worth keeping. However if you can return it without charge then I'll give you my copy for free which I just posted about today:

I'd also recommend that you check out Brian Mosely's videos on the E-P2 because the cameras are all very similar. His first one is a sticky thread right up top.:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    i've actually got that E-PL1 for Dummies book...downloaded it onto my kindle so i dont feel like such a doofus reading it in public, those books are embarassingly hard to miss :wink:

BB thanks for the offer- I got it from amazon and the receipt is long gone- but thank you! And thank you also for the video recommendation, I will check them out for sure :smile:

also, FWIW- i love this camera. LOVE it. not used to having something so much bigger than my old cybershot, but wow is it ever worth the adjustment. LOVE it.
    • Like Like x 1